Mike is a professional triathlete based in Christchurch, New Zealand, experiencing tremendous success on the Ironman racing circuit early in his professional career. Coming from a background in short course ITU racing, Mike transitioned to long distance triathlon in 2016, he has competed in 29 international Ironman/Challenge 70.3 & full events, finishing on the podium in 23 of them.
Mike competed in his debut IRONMAN in 2017, finishing in the World’s Fastest debut time of 7.52.50. This shifted Mike’s focus earlier than expected to the IRONMAN World Championships. Finishing 16th in his first attempt in 2018, Mike is now on every competitors radar as a threat in each of his races. In 2019, Mike secured qualification by winning IRONMAN New Zealand, with a new run course record of 2.40.04.
Mike spends his summers in Christchurch NZ, training and racing throughout the Asia/Oceania region. In between training he also works part time as Structural Engineer at BAT Structures working on the Canterbury Re-build. During New Zealand winters, Mike heads overseas to Europe for 3 months of intensive training & racing as he builds towards the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii.
Exposure & Messaging
- 2023 IRONMAN New Zealand 1st
- 2023 Challenge Wanaka 2nd
- 2023 Tauranga Half 2nd
- 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 Taupo 2nd
- 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 New Zealand 2nd
- 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 Sunshine Coast 6th
- 2021 IRONMAN New Zealand 2nd
- 2021 Tauranga Half Marathon 4th
- 2020 IRONMAN New Zealand 2nd
- 2020 Challenge Wanaka 3rd
- 2020 Rotorua Suffer Half 3rd
- 2020 Queenstown Half Marathon 2nd
- 2019 IRONMAN New Zealand 1st
- 2019 Tauranga Ironman 70.3/NZ National Championships 1st
- 2019 Challenge Melbourne 1st